


So if any of you have read my older blog, endearingly entitled "Tote Hosen," which means dead pants in German, I have decided to partake in a slightly new creative project. My job is not one where I get to write anything except emails and expense reports, and all I want to do when get off is watch Bravo, have cocktails, or eat something so good I forget that my new dog just shit on my pillow. I have sort of set my joy of authoring self-indulgent blog posts on the sideline so I could instead have time to eat myself into bankruptcy and research every happy hour in a 20 mile radius. And while I have fully enjoyed doing just that, I feel that a blog of this sort will foster a harmony between my gluttonous side and the creative darling buried beneath. I also have another addition to my life who is very photogenic, and who I'd like to document while he grows.
Which brings me to the next part or this blog intro: I got a dog. I am not the most responsible human being, nor the most motherly, and I don't really know that much about animals. Just that I like them, and I love Shih Tzus and now I have a really cute one who I kind of don't know what to do with.
His name is Dozer. He's obsessed with food just like his mom, knows how to sit but I am pretty convinced will never learn to shake, and sort of hates his collar. He is actually a really good boy so far, disregarding his propensity to mistake any bed for a giant comfy pee pad. I named the blog partly after him because I just realized the other day he will be in my life till I am like thirty.
Holy Shih Tzu.
I want to have this little yearbook of the fun things I do in my twenties so I can remember the good times, the okay times, and the ones when Dozer pisses on everything. I live in absurdly lovely Santa Barbara CA, and if I can't find beautiful things to do then I should move.
Everyone needs a creative outlet. Even Dozer. He has recently taken to artfully splattering his water all over the floor. Hope you all enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment